Sony has announced dates for the global rollout of Playstation Plus, their weak sauce response to Xbox Gamepass.
- Asia markets (excluding Japan) — targeting May 23, 2022
- Japan — targeting June 1, 2022
- Americas — targeting June 13, 2022
- Europe — targeting June 22, 2022
These are targets mind you, and not set in stone dates, so things can change.
In case you forgot, Playstation Plus has a tiered pricing model.
- PS Plus Essential — $60 per year with two monthly games, discounts, cloud saves, and online multiplayer.
- PS Plus Extra — $100 per year with “up to 400” PS4 and PS5 games.
- PS Plus Premium — $120 per year with “340 additional games” including titles from the PS1, PS2, PSP, and (cloud steaming only) PS3 catalog, as well as PlayStation Now-style cloud streaming and “time-limited game trials.”
Sony still has not announced what games you’ll get, which makes it difficult to gauge whether this is a good value or not.