A new batch of games from the Xbox and Xbox 360 era are coming to the Xbox One, and after that, ‘poof’ — there will be no more.
The final batch is pretty good, so the program is ending on a high note.
The Xbox Backwards Compatibility Program was quite the endeavor and garnered a tremendous amount of goodwill from core gamers at a time when the PS4 was (and still is) kicking the Xbox One’s figurative ass.
All in, 600 original Xbox and Xbox 360 games were ported to the Xbox One. One would imagine that Microsoft has something similar planned for the Xbox Scarlett, but who knows.
Below is the full and final list of the last batch of games.
- Armed and Dangerous
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
- Asura’s Wrath
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
- Enchanted Arms
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Far Cry Classic
- Far Cry Instincts Predator
- Infinite Undiscovery
- Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
- Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Too Human
- Unreal Tournament III