Canadians… They’re polite, have socialized medicine, are purveyors of maple syrup, gave us the delectable Tim Hortons, and have a good basketball team that will hopefully knock the shit out of the Golden State Warriors.
However, Canada does have a dark side. They gave us Drake, who can be obnoxious. Also, Canadian newspapers cannot keep their mouths shut. For example, Canadian newspaper, La Presse, went ahead and pretty much leaked all of the Google Stadia news scheduled to be presented later today.
According to the La Presse article, which has been taken down:
- Stadia will launch in November with a base subscription rate of $11.99 Canadian per month. (No idea how much this is in real money)
- Users will have access to games which can be played at 4K /60FPS.
- Many games will be included “free” in a library ala Xbox Game Pass, however, newer games will need to purchased
- A “Founder’s Edition” will launch this Fall which includes a Chromecast Ultra, a Stadia controller, a three-month subscription, and access to Destiny 2.
- Down the road, in 2020, a “free” version of the Stadia service will be launched called Stadia Base. Apparently, games played at this version will be locked at 1080p.
- Those worried about specs, minimum internet speed required to play games on the Stadia is 10 mbps down, 1 mbps up. (Games at this speed will probably suck ass)
- Lastly, the games. Launch titles are expected to be Doom, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Destiny 2 and Tomb Raider trilogy.
All of this, of course will be corroborated when Google officially announces everything at 12:00 PM EST on June 6.